At the Minster in November 2019
(Please do also look at our Facebook page for additional information)
- Midweek Service at 1.05pm every Wednesday – All welcome
- Every Wednesday join us for Coffee, cake and conversation at 12 md until 1 pm. (From November 13th onwards)
- Every Friday – Walk for Wellbeing. 12.00 – 12.30pm Meet outside Reading Minster Church at midday for a fun, gentle, drop in walk to promote mental wellbeing lead by a trained walk leader. Finish at 12.30pm and there will be tea and coffee available in the Minster afterwards.
- Friday 1st 10.30am -11.30am Bachtobaby – for all young babies and toddlers. Tickets from www.bachtobaby.com or on the door.
- Saturday 2nd November – Poppy for the Parade Making Workshop
Drop in anytime between 9.00am – 11.00 am. Reading Minster FREE EVENT with Jelly for a special children’s drop-in workshop. Make your poppy for the parade and then join again on Sunday 10th November at Reading Minster to walk with the Mayor to Forbury Gardens.
- Tuesday 5th – Join in Community Gardening at Lavender Place (Free Event) – Meet at the Minster at 1pm Wear comfortable shoes and bring a bottle of water.
- Tuesday 5th – Music 4 Mini-Mes
Join Boyan Ivanov (Clarinet) and Andrea Kmecova (piano) in the stunning Reading Minster for a whirlwind concert exploring music from the Classics right through to the present day in an innovative, educational but always fun way. Concert 11.00 until 12.00 (10.30 for coffee)
- Tuesday 5th – Afternoon tea concert at 1415-1500 followed by afternoon tea
Come and hear beautiful live music in the magnificent surroundings of the majestic Minster. A truly memorable concert of classics to the present day performed by Boyan Ivanov (Clarinet) and Andrea Kmecova (piano) followed by afternoon tea.
- Thursday 7th – Art and Craft in the Minster 10.30am-12md– (Free event) materials supplied. All welcome
- Sunday 10th Remembrance Sunday. The Service of Remembrance commences at 9.30am here and then will be taken to the memorial Forbury Gardens for the 11’O clock two minutes silence – All welcome
- Monday 11th November (Monday – Saturdays through to December 18th) 09.30 – 3.30pm Cards for Good Causes
- Friday 15th – Organ Recital – 12.30pm – 1.15pm Michael Howell (Director of Music, St Thomas of Canterbury, Goring) Free event
- Sunday 17th – Earl Slick in Conversation 8pm
Earl Slick is a world renowned rock n roll guitar player from Brooklyn NY. In a career spanning over 40 years Slicky has played with some of the greatest artists of all time including: David Bowie, John Lennon & Yoko Ono, David Coverdale, Buddy Guy and the Sex Pistols’ Glen Matlock. Following on from his critically acclaimed BBC documentary Rock and Roll Guns for Hire: The Story of The Sideman; ‘Slicky Speaks’ is an opportunity to get up close and personal with the man himself as he delves into his life as a sideman to some of the most successful artists in the history of popular music. Including a live interview and Q&A session (and maybe some Slick-Licks!) this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to hear what it’s really like to be a rockstar. Tickets http://www.wegottickets.com/event/485876 Also available on the door
- Saturday 23rd – Nichole Grace sing for Sanctuary 7.30pm – Free Event.
- Friday 29th 10.30am -11.30am Bachtobaby – for all young babies and toddlers. Tickets from www.bachtobaby.com or on the door.
- Friday 29th 12.30pm – 1.30pm Lunchtime Concert by A440 choir – Free event – all welcome
Reading Between the Lines – Macbeth
24th Oct 2019 to 9th Nov 2019
- The Minster is hosting the Reading Between the Lines Theatre Group for more information and to purchase tickets please go to their website
Sanctuary – Every Friday and Saturday night from 9pm. –
Sanctuary is a place of refuge, recovery and refreshment
It is also a place of safety for all those who are feeling potentially vulnerable, e.g. when waiting alone for a lift/taxi home, or after an incident/issue during the evening. A safe place to rest and chat.
Open to all – do call in
(Check our noticeboards as sometimes we open earlier for free concerts)
The Minster is open Monday to Fridays from 10.00 hours for quiet reflection and prayers. You are always welcome to call in to have a look at our wonderful building too.