At the Minster in August/September
(Please do also look at our Facebook page for additional information)
- Midweek Service at 1.05pm every Wednesday
- Every Wednesday join us for Coffee, cake and conversation at 12 md until 1 pm.
- Every Friday – Walk for Wellbeing. 12.00 – 12.30 Meet outside Reading Minster Church at midday for a fun, gentle, drop in walk to promote mental wellbeing lead by a trained walk leader. Come and get a breath of fresh air and explore some of the local area – all you need is a bottle of water and some comfortable shoes. Finish at 12.30pm and there will be tea and coffee available in the Minster afterwards.
- August 28th A Celebration that Love Unites – 7.30pm –A Eucharist service open to all, with a special focus on LGBT+ people, to celebrate Pride week in Reading.Drawing on the theme of ‘Love Unites’, the service will offer a safe, supportive space for you to reflect on your spiritual journey as we give thanks for the love and life we celebrate together.
No matter who you are, where you have come from, or where your journey will take you, you will receive a warm welcome.
- Tuesday 3rd September – Join in Community Gardening at Lavender Place (Free Event) – Meet at the Minster at 1pm Wear comfortable shoes and bring a bottle of water.
- Thursday 5thSeptember – Art and Craft in the Minster 10.30am-12md– (Free event) materials supplied. All welcome
- Tuesday 10th September – Music 4 Mini-Mes Join Clare and Tim in the stunning Reading Minster for a whirlwind concert exploring music from the Classics right through to the present day in an innovative, educational but always fun way. Concert 11.00 until 12.00 (10.30 for coffee) Please see poster for more details
- Tuesday 10th September – Afternoon tea concert at 1415-1500 followed by afternoon tea
Come and hear beautiful live music in the magnificent surroundings of the majestic Minster. A truly memorable concert of classics to the present day performed by Clare Langan (Flute) and Tim Short (Piano) followed by afternoon tea. Please see poster for more details
- Saturday 14th September – Heritage Day – The church will be open all day for all to hear and see our history. Do come in we look forward to sharing it with you.
- Friday 20th September – Organ Recital – 12.30pm – 1.15pm Christine Wells (St Mary the Virgin, Hambleden) Free event
- Thursday 26th – Harvest for Tots – Come and celebrate the harvest with us at 10.30 am – All welcome.
Sanctuary – Every Friday and Saturday night from 9pm. –
Sanctuary is a place of refuge, recovery and refreshment
It is also a place of safety for all those who are feeling potentially vulnerable, e.g. when waiting alone for a lift/taxi home, or after an incident/issue during the evening. A safe place to rest and chat.
Open to all – do call in
(Check our noticeboards as sometimes we open earlier for free concerts)
The Minster is open Monday to Fridays from 10.00 hours for quiet reflection and prayers. You are always welcome to call in to have a look at our wonderful building too.